A real scrapping blog, living, loving life and scrapping it along the way with ratty adventures thrown in too. Come into the Zone with me and see what the Twins and I are up to today!

Wednesday 26 January 2011

The one about the spa!

Sorry, haven't been around for a while  - usual lame excuse about work getting in the way, and going to and returning home in the dark does nothing for providing lighting for photographing LO opportunities!!

So, at the weekend a friend and I went to the spa.
We were on a trial package deal as it has not long been open, so they wanted us to provide feedback about the facilities.
We arrived on Sunday after a fairly lengthy journey as it was in the back of beyond, and thought it looked like we were about to leave our souls and sanity at the door and join a secret sect to be brainwashed and never seen by our families again?? The car park was very full and we were concerned at how busy it was all going to be? The reception area was full of people and it was somewhat chaotic, but eventually we were delivered to our room and provided with our bathrobes and slippers - obligatory wear for the next 24 hours!

We then shuffled around for the next two days, dipping in and out of the pool and sauna, steam rooms and occasionally the whirlpool bath - when it worked. We had facials, mine was lovely - my friend's was somewhat rushed and performed by a man!! And loafed in massage chairs reading whilst we were pummelled into oblivion. We needn't have worried about all the other cars - we hardly saw another soul the whole time we were there - my friend thought they had already been transported away by the aliens!!!

Dinner was somewhat peculiar, dressed in bathrobes, listening to Michael Buble's Christmas CD!!? The food was delicious if not a bit poncy - my Scallops starter consisted of one scallop with a second half a scallop cut up into three and elegantly scattered on the plate, and the Dehydrated Raspberry Pavlova was more appetising than it sounded. All very fine cuisine but we were so hungry we had to order room service and have cheese sandwiches about an hour after!!!

I attempted a class or two - the spin class with Arm bikes sent me running to spectacularly lose my breakfast halfway through, but I tried Zumba and really loved it!! A walk in the grounds was attempted but curtailed when we couldn't walk on the newly laid turf! Checkout was a disaster and left me so cheesed off that I resorted to salvaging some of the signature hand cream from the bathrooms!???

We did eventually escape but to be honest, as lovely as some of the plus points were, I was glad we hadn't paid full price to go there and actually felt more relaxed later that evening in my friends house with her two cute dogs licking my hands and ears!!

I thought this LO was fairly apt - shown here before I added the journalling though - bit too personal for you lot to read :)   It was one of the pages I made whilst at Grannywens for our late Christmas, gosh - that seems like months ago now!
xxx

1 comment:

lisa said...

You do have some interesting escapades, Sarah. This sounds like an episode from a Sit Com!! especially the cheese sarnies.
Your LO is fantastic as always, the shadow photo is brilliant.
Enjoy the rest of the week.
Hugs Lisax