A real scrapping blog, living, loving life and scrapping it along the way with ratty adventures thrown in too. Come into the Zone with me and see what the Twins and I are up to today!

Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year!


What a great start to the New Year! 
We don't really do much, I'm not a big fan of this one night of the year, it's too expensive, too cold and I would much rather spend time with loved ones at Christmas.

Big monkey and I spent the perfect winter evening doing what we enjoy the most, some good wine, a great chinese takeaway, watching tv (big monkey) and scrapping (me). 
It may sound a bit naff but we were happy, just being together, singing along to Elton Johns New Year Party. Big monkey gave me a digi plus recorder and we finally got it to work yesterday (some problem with the signal at Crystal Palace), and to my delight I discovered what the red interactive button does - it gives you subtitles to sing-a-long programs like Top of the Pops! How cool is that?
We stayed up to watch the fireworks, which as usual weren't a patch on the Sydney ones and then went to bed. Well, I did for about two hours and then woke up again - strange noises in the garden (too much wine?) I peeked out of the window to find the 3 baby foxes, now teenagers, frolicking about and jumping on each other in the bushes outside my window. I was fascinated, and relieved as I thought the rent-o-kill man had found them last winter! I watched them for about an hour but sadly couldn't take any photos co's it was too dark. It was so lovely and peaceful, apart from the rustling of the bushes and I was thankful to be able to share the moment with them. Happy New Year!

No comments: